Tuesday 3 June 2014

SAY WHAT!?!?!

When you think of rubber bands being put on things you think of tying things up and making rubber band "guns" NOT putting rubber bands on your TEETH!

For those of you that don't know, I am at the beginning of undergoing treatment for braces and it is only 5 days away!  Today I had bands put in between my teeth and no they are not REAL rubber bands they are little rubber rings that are blue and of course circular. They are positioned between my back teeth to create a gap so it helps to make room for my overcrowded mouth and of course the braces .

At the moment they are quite uncomfortable as my mouth is not used to having little rings in it ( if you want to know what this feels like well, the only way to describe it, that it feels like having food stuck between your teeth or flossing WAY too hard!) They are on my back teeth on my bottom and top jaws of my mouth.   After listening to the orthodontist for a while... I'm sure I could be a dentist!  But that's not such a bad thing that she explains everything so much, at least I know what's going on in my mouth and what is about to happen.
Here is my before photo and the after one will eventually follow in a few days time...

WATCH THIS SPACE!



8 comments:

  1. Good luck Emily. I look forward to the transformation and when you are comfortable smiling again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacqui that after photo will soon follow! Emily

      Delete
  2. Emily
    Creative use of a topic to work into writing that you can share with your audience. Its great that you've taken something that relates to you and then used it to write.
    Mr Webb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the great feed-back, I am looking forward to the transformation, Emily

      Delete
  3. Hi Emily,

    Good luck with this dental adventure. I had some dental work done many moons ago and I found within a couple of hours, I forgot about it.

    It is like I used to live beside a railway track. When I had visitors, each time a train passed they used to jump skip high, but after the first day or two, I used never notice it.

    I enjoyed this piece of writing. I thought it had a lively start, that had me wanting to read more.

    With every good wish,
    Merry Beau

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! What a lovely comment I have managed to get over the pain but the actual braces will be a little worse! Thank you very much for commenting, feel free to leave me some feed back on anything else I get up to in my busy life! Thanks a bunch, Emily

      Delete
  4. Hi Emily, thank you for sharing your photos from the Young Leaders day with our school. Regards Mrs Williamson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mrs Williamson! I am very glad to have shared your photos with you! Emily.

      Delete